Saturday, March 12, 2016

Collars and Leads and Futons, Oh My!

Follow my blog with Bloglovin


If you know me, you know I prefer Harnesses to collars. I also like really nice accessories for dogs and cats. If you're going to buy something, I believe in buying quality harnesses, leads, beds, etc., for your beloved companions. The simple truth is that if you can afford it, it is an investment and much less expensive in the end because you don't have to replace the item unless you want to. Sometimes it's just fun to choose more than one design for any number of reasons: seasonal, holiday, wedding and more.


One such place to find great products for your dogs and/or cats, is Up Country. The bonus for those who like to buy products Made in America to support our own economy, Up Country's stunning collars are made in Rhode Island where the company is based.


Over 30 employees design, sew, pack and ship their products to customers around the world, and that product line keeps expanding. You can shop by item type or by theme. You can choose matching collars or harnesses and leads for various holidays as well as weddings and a wide range of designs. Surfing the UpCountry website is a lot of fun with their drop-down menus, clean website design and easy surfing/shopping. If there is a problem, it's choosing which design(s) to purchase. A size chart gives you all of the measurements and equivalent sizes. Their products are made to last a lifetime.  


Along with the wonderful designs on the website, Up Country can help you design your own custom design. This is fantastic for businesses of all kinds. How neat to have your own design on products which becomes a form of subtle advertising for your business when you have branded products that are specific to your business. Promoting schools, clubs and resorts along with businesses.


"At our very core, Up Country is committed to giving back to the community, both in our backyard and far away. It's a natural extension of who we are to have a grass roots approach to giving, choosing the organizations we support carefully. One thing remains through our work with charities of all sizes, and that is our concern for the well-being of animals everywhere," stated Alice Nichols, President and Founder of Up Country, Inc.


There is also a link on the Up Country website to retail outlets where their products are sold. I warn you that you're going to have a wonderfully hard time choosing from among the wonderful designs. 


I have not been paid to say this. I share what I like with my readers and always say exactly what I mean. It's always up to my readers to decide if they agree.




 

4 comments:

Jim said...

We prefer harnesses, as well, Darlene. Especially with a terrier primed to take off at an instant after the nearest squirrel or possum.

These are very classy. Perhaps UpCountry will market a harness, as well.

Gordon Brice said...

We also have always preferred harnesses, Darlene and, many times when we have been out, Jill and I have commented on the fact that a particular dog should be wearing a harness, rather than a lead/leash. It always seems to be the dogs that pull, that are on a lead.
What a wonderful range of products Up Country provides......so colourful too. I can't say that I've noticed anything like it here in the UK, but I will share your blog on my Timeline to show people what they and their pets are missing. Good news that Up Country exports.
Thank you for sharing this lovely blog with us......much appreciated as always.

Darlene said...

Hi Jim, Thank you for your comment. If you look at the site, they do have harnesses available in exactly the same fabrics. I thought I had implied that. Apparently I didn't do a good enough job of that. Surfing around the site will show you a wide range of products. I'm so glad that you, too, prefer a harness. Always check to see that the one you choose doesn't chafe.

Darlene said...

Hi Gordon, Thank you for stopping buy and for sharing this post on your Facebook Timeline! I especially love the designs that remind me of New England in the Summer. The elegant futons and beds, and the other items There is such a wonderful array that there is surely something for everyone.