Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Dream Big - Part 3

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Welcome to the third and final edition of Morris the Cat's advice column, revealing need-to-know information on how to release your inner cat and get the best night's sleep of your life. 

As an iconic spokescat and star of over 50 9Lives cat food commercials from the 1970s onward, Morris has a prolific career envied by many of the Internet cat sensations of today. The secret to his longevity? Well, for one, the fact that he eats 9Lives. But more importantly, he has a disciplined sleep regimen – racking up about 140 hours per week!

Morris wants to teach YOU the tricks of the trade and give you all the tools you need, so he's hosting a giveaway on his Live Well & Prospurr site [http://prospurr.9lives.com/] to win a Morris-shaped plush bed that's big enough for you AND your cat to snuggle up on.


Dear Morris,

My cat and I are BFFs. We do everything together – play, eat, snuggle – we make a purrfect team. But in the bedroom, I prefer to have my space. My cat, on the other hand, thinks there's no better place to sleep than right on my head! Why does she do this? I'm not all that fun when I'm sleeping.

Warmly, 

Tired Tails



Dear Tired Tails,

You have been bestowed a great honor. As cats, we don't always wear our hearts on our paws, but one tell-tail sign we love and trust you is when we choose to make YOU our bed. Plus, you're warm. And getting our warmth from you helps us to conserve our own energy for more important things like eating. The rhythm of your breath also creates a calming effect and the curve of your face, stomach, or legs perfectly forms to our bodies. Basically, you're like a waterbed, heated blanket, and memory foam all in one! So the next time your cat goes to curl up on you, think of it as a compliment and drift off to sleep knowing you are loved... and you're very comfortable.


Thank you, Morris the Cat, for your wonderful nighttime tips! See the rest of them here [http://perpetuallyspeaking.blogspot.com/2016/02/dream-big-part-1.html and http://perpetuallyspeaking.blogspot.com/2016/02/dream-big-part-2.html. For more info on Morris' mission to help cats and humans live well – including his initiative to donate one million 9Lives meals to rescue kitties – check out his Live Well & Prospurr website [http://prospurr.9lives.com/]. And while you're there, enter to win the limited-edition, human-sized Morris the Cat plush bed along with a year's supply of 9Lives!

NOTE: I received no monetary compensation for this 3-Part Post.  Because of my Journalistic Ethics, I have asked 9-Lives to send the food they wanted to send me, to The Metrowest Humane Society, one of my my local cat shelters. The feed wet food to the cats in the shelter and feed dry food to outdoor Feral Cat Colonies. Aimee and I are delighted that 9 Lives is helping local kitties. 

4 comments:

Gordon Brice said...

I've enjoyed reading all three of the "Dream Big" blogs and have found them very entertaining. I shall miss reading the advice that Morris has so kindly shared with us, although I must admit that I would find it pretty uncomfortable having a furry companion draped across my head when I'm trying to sleep......LOL! To be honest, I think it would have the opposite effect on me.
Thank you once again, Darlene for sharing these interesting and, sometimes very amusing, blogs with us......hopefully there will be more of the same in the future.

Jim said...

These were cute, Darlene. Thanks for the smiles!

Darlene said...

Hi Gordon, I'm so glad you liked them! I hear from Morris every so often. I wouldn't be surprised if he popped up again on my blog in the future. Actually, there's nothing sweeter than having a cat snuggled up to when you sleep. Purring always helps me fall asleep. They don't always sleep on your head. LOL

Darlene said...

Hi James, Thanks for letting me know that you liked this trio of blog posts! That makes me smile!!