Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Grumpy Cat and The WWE


Just when I think I've heard it all, something comes along to make me say: Really?!

Admittedly, I'm not a wrestling fan although millions are but, different strokes, etc.  Imagine my surprise when I received an e-mail informing me that Grumpy Cat was going to be on a WWE program. Really. I nearly fell off my chair. However, WWE has 420 million media followers. We should all be so lucky!

Grumpy Cat, whose real name is Tarder Sauce, is an Arizona resident who has hit the big time with her own movie, products, memes and a fan following that any A List Celebrity would envy. Tarder Sauce turned two years old last April and her facial expression is supposed to be the result of Dwarfism. Her brother is also a dwarf although they were not bred to be dwarfs, it's the result of a genetic mutation.

Friskies has flown her to South by Southwest in Austin, complete with chauffeur upon arrival and all the Friskies food her heart desired. She has also appeared on their YouTube series as well as on major network TV shows and in major publications. The public can't seem to get enough of this kitty.

Grumpy Cat is really a happy cat despite her expression. So what's the tie-in with WWE?




This coming Monday, November 17th, Grumpy Cat will appear on WWE's Monday Night Raw.  In her special guest appearance, the WWE Superstars along with the Divas will try to make Grumpy Cat smile during the program. 

If anyone is taking bets, I'm betting on Grumpy Cat. The chances of making her smile are  Three:






Slim

Fat

and

None

Her expression is a result of her dwarfism.  But it certainly should be fun to see how those big wrestlers react to little Tarder Sauce.  You can see for yourself when the show airs on the USA Network.

For more information:  wwe.com

3 comments:

Rescuegal said...

Well written, Darlene Arden. I think this whole gimmick by WWE is a riot. I am not a wrestling fan (at least at this level), but it might just be worth watching Monday night.

Darlene said...

Thank you, Rescuegal. I agree, it might just be worth watching. How can anyone resist Grumpy Cat? Well, apparently no one can!

christmathew huston said...

Finding the ISO file of Windows 7 isn't hard if you are in possession of a valid license key. You can find more details on Games - Fight ROMS on the site fightroms.com.